The Dennis Learning Center (DLC) draws upon the skills and insights of a team of faculty, staff, lecturers, graduate students, and undergraduate students. We support the academic success of all Ohio State students through elective courses, individual academic coaching, group workshops and scientific research. In addition, we collaborate with other units to design and implement custom programs. Our many services draw upon and contribute to the theoretical and applied understanding of college students’ learning, motivation, and well-being.
Our Mission and Purpose
The DLC supports students so that they can enter, excel in, and successfully complete academic programs at The Ohio State University. We help students thrive by working with them to improve many aspects of their academic functioning, including their motivation, academic stress, procrastination, time management, test taking, active reading, effective note taking, study skills, and self-regulated learning. We also are devoted to the advancement of research that promotes greater understanding of college students’ academic success.
- DLC Annual Report: 2019-20
- DLC Annual Report: 2018-19
- DLC Annual Report: 2017-18
- DLC Annual Report: 2016-17
- DLC Annual Report: 2015-16
- DLC Annual Report: 2014-15
About the Director
More About the DLC
Students share their thoughts on the Dennis Learning Center in the video below.
- Review the DLC Fact Sheet to find answers to common questions
- Read about Founding Director Bruce W. Tuckman, 1938-2016; director, 1998-2012
- Contribute to the Bruce W. Tuckman Student Enrichment Fund
- Contribute to the Walter E. Dennis Learning Center Endowment Fund