Designed especially for first-year Buckeyes to take during summer, this course focuses on how to get the most out of your college classes and learning experiences. You will use student tech to effectively take notes, study, do research, write papers and more. We will examine theories behind what is and is not true of the “digital native,” which technologies will help you be successful in academia and your future career, and how your approach to learning can enhance your collegiate experience.
Offered Summer session (6 weeks).
Instructor permission required (Dr. Nicole Kraft, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer 2023 section of EDUCST 1500 – begins June 21!
- Class # 22759 | MoWe 9:30 am – 11:30 am | Derby Hall 029
Autumn 2023 section of EDUCST 1500 – TBD!
Spring 2024 section of EDUCST 1500 – TBD!
The course covers the following topics:
- College and its resources
- Navigating technology for academics
- Transitions between high school and college
- Defining personal leadership and success
- Self-awareness and goal-setting
- Conflict resolution and effective communication
- Battling stereotypes