Academic Coaches from Ohio State’s Dennis Learning Center facilitate workshops on a variety of topics that help students succeed in college. Please complete the following form to request a workshop for your survey course, residence hall, or other type of student group.
- Workshops will be available virtually only until further notice. You may request a workshop to be presented live on CarmenZoom or you may request a pre-recorded workshop to be presented as either a Carmen page (short videos and text information, along with a survey/quiz). The workshop request form is required for either format.
- Workshop requests must be submitted 2 weeks in advance to allow time to arrange for a presenter for live workshops and 3 weeks in advance for pre-recorded workshops.
- Workshops outside of regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) may be accommodated depending on staff availability but are not guaranteed.
- The Dennis Learning Center’s team of Academic Coaches is comprised of one full-time staff member and several undergraduate and graduate students who are trained in learning and motivation strategies. Your presenter will be chosen based upon staff availability, unless you request a specific coach.
- A minimum of 7 attendees is required for all workshops.
- Note to Residence Hall Staff: We ask for your assistance in making the event as successful as possible by ensuring that at least 7 students attend.
- Required: Advertise. Have students RSVP to you via evite, email, or sign-up sheet.
- Suggested: Use available programming funds or request a grant to provide dinner/snacks
For live virtual workshops, workshop requesters must…
- Create the CarmenZoom meeting for the workshop
- When creating the meeting, make sure to give the presenter access to share their screen
- Create an Outlook meeting at the workshop day/time and invite your assigned DLC workshop presenter
- Email your assigned DLC workshop presenter with the CarmenZoom link at least 24 hours in advance of the workshop