Academic Coaches from Ohio State’s Dennis Learning Center facilitate workshops on a variety of topics that help students succeed in college. Please complete the following form to request a workshop for your survey course, residence hall, or other type of student group.
The following policies apply to those who request a workshop for a group:
- Academic Coaches are available to facilitate workshops for classes, student groups, and departments on a variety of topics (see Workshop Topics)
- Workshops last approximately 45 minutes.
- Academic Coaches utilize PowerPoint when presenting workshops in classroom settings. If your classroom does not have a computer and/or LCD projector, please let us know in advance. Coaches typically do not use PowerPoint when presenting in non-classroom settings unless the person initiating the request can provide a computer and LCD projector.
- The Dennis Learning Center’s team of Academic Coaches is comprised of one full-time staff member and several undergraduate and graduate students who are trained in learning and motivation strategies. Your presenter will be chosen based upon staff availability, unless you request a specific coach.
- Note to Residence Hall Staff: We ask for your assistance in making the event as successful as possible by ensuring that at least 10 students attend.
- Required: Advertise. Have students RSVP to you via evite, email, or sign-up sheet.
- Suggested: Use available programming funds or request a grant to provide dinner/snacks
Questions About Workshops?
Contact: DLC Program Manager