Academic Coaches from Ohio State’s Dennis Learning Center facilitate workshops on a variety of topics that help students succeed in college. Please complete the following form to request a workshop for your students.
- Workshops may be presented online or in-person.
- Online workshops: You may request a workshop to be presented synchronously on CarmenZoom or you may request a pre-recorded workshop to be presented as recorded Zoom presentation.
- In-person workshops: Workshops presented in person must be on Columbus campus. Workshop requestors must reserve a campus location that has a computer and projector for the coach to display a Powerpoint presentation.
- Workshop requests must be submitted 2 weeks in advance to allow time to arrange for a presenter for live workshops and 3 weeks in advance for pre-recorded workshops.
- Workshops outside of regular office hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm) may be accommodated depending on staff availability but are not guaranteed.
- The Dennis Learning Center’s team of Academic Coaches is comprised of one full-time staff member and 10-15 undergraduate and graduate students who are trained in learning and motivation strategies. Your presenter will be chosen based upon staff availability, unless you request a specific coach.
- A minimum of 7 attendees is required for all workshops.
- Note to Residence Hall Staff: We ask for your assistance in making the event as successful as possible by ensuring that at least 7 students attend.
- Required: Advertise. Have students RSVP to you via evite, email, or sign-up sheet.
- Suggested: Use available programming funds or request a grant to provide dinner/snacks or incentives for attending