ES EPSY 1259
ES EPSY 1259, the flagship course of the Dennis Learning Center, helps students develop the academic beliefs and behaviors essential to success in college. More than just a study-skills course, ES EPSY 1259 helps students become strategic learners in the college environment. The course is framed in educational psychology principles and research, and students learn both practical skills and the theory that supports them.
Offered Autumn and Spring semesters (14 weeks) and Summer session (11 weeks).
The course covers the following topics:
- Building Motivation for Learning
- Overcoming Procrastination and Managing Your Time
- Boosting Concentration and Limiting Distractions
- Understanding Memory and Using Memory Strategies
- Taking, Editing, and Reviewing Lecture Notes
- Reading, Marking, and Organizing Text Information
- Preparing for and Taking Tests
- Developing Organized and Engaging Papers and Speeches