This 2-credit, 7-week online course explores how to use the web for a successful college experience. You’ll learn how to use online tools for time management and organization, develop strategies for online learning, communicate and collaborate online, search for academic content, evaluate the usefulness of online resources, and stay motivated and focused.
Offered online Autumn, Spring, and Summer (during the second-session).
Autumn 2021 sections of ESEPSY 1159
Second 7-Week Session – Begins October 18!
- Class # 8471 | Online (asynchronous – no class meetings)
- Class # 8038 | Online (asynchronous – no class meetings)
If the course is full or you are looking for additional options, we also strongly recommend ESEPSY 1259: Learning and Motivation Strategies or ESLTECH 2011: Keys to Academic Success for Online Learners.
ESEPSY 1159 covers the following topics:
- Strategic Approaches to Learning Online: how to use the web to support your college life, plus how to successfully navigate Ohio State’s online resources, services, and systems
- Communicating and Collaborating on the Web: tools and strategies for communicating with instructors, collaborating with classmates, and writing for the web
- Efficiency in the Digital Age: why procrastination happens and what strategies and online tools can enhance your time management and organization
- Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies: how memory works, strategies that help you learn more from online readings, and effective online study tools
- Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies: how to boost learning and stay focused when using online videos and lectures
- Searching and Researching: effective ways to search for information and evaluate the relevance of online content
- Keys to Motivation for Online Learning: how to optimize motivation and well-being online
“The course was genuinely enjoyable and gave me information that I can use going forward.”
“There were videos, articles/readings, tools, and outside resources that aided in learning the content for each module. This really helped with applying the concepts we were learning that week and in a way brought the ideas to life.”
“It taught me so many techniques and strategies for staying motivated, time management, organization, etc.”
“It’s a class that genuinely wants you to learn about good study habits and working efficiently and productively. The class did not stress me out, and I looked forward to every module to learn something new about working smarter rather than harder.”
“It taught me skills I can use in my future classes, whether it be online or in person.”