ES EPSY 1159
This certification mark recognizes that this course met Quality Matters review standards.
This 2-credit, 7-week online course is devoted to exploring how to use the web for a successful college experience. The course covers navigating academic web resources and services, using online tools for time management and organization, developing strategies for online learning, communicating online, searching for academic content, and evaluating the credibility and usefulness of online resources.
Offered online Autumn, Spring, and Summer (7-week sessions).
The course covers the following topics:
- Strategic Approaches to Learning Online: teaches the successful navigation of Ohio State’s online resources, services, and systems, as well as computer and software use in college life.
- Efficiency in the Digital Age: explores the subject of procrastination and the use of strategies and Internet tools to enhance time management and organization.
- Communicating and Collaborating on the Web: introduces students to contemporary tools and strategies of writing in teams, and using feedback, and writing for the web.
- Web-Enhanced Reading and Study Strategies: encourages students to explore and utilize online resources and tools to enhance learning and motivation with textual sources, such as online readings.
- Web-Enhanced Listening and Viewing Strategies: encourages students to explore and utilize online resources and tools to enhance learning and motivation with multimedia sources, such as podcasts and online videos.
- Searching and Researching: helps students develop self-efficacy in searching, navigating library databases and tools, and determining the relevance of online content.
- Keys to Motivation for Online Learning: guides students to consider how to optimize their learning preferences when engaging with online content.