Social distancing can be isolating, so it is even more important than usual to reach out to others for support and encouragement.
Connect with other graduate students to learn strategies that work and maintain accountability through challenges in the DLC’s Graduate Student Communities.
- Weekly, one-hour, small group meetings on CarmenZoom
- Facilitated by a Graduate Academic Coach from the DLC
- Open discussion centered around common concerns with other graduate students. Topics include:
- Maintaining motivation
- Work/life balance
- Reducing procrastination
- Time management
- Goal setting
- Managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities
- Successful online collaboration, especially with advisors
Share your struggles and successes with graduate students who understand what you are going through!
- Set weekly academic goals with your group
- Track your progress and identify ways to increase productivity
- Typical agenda for a group meeting includes
- updates on our progress on our weekly goals
- discussion of current concerns and strategies to overcome obstacles to productivity
- goal-setting for the upcoming week
Sign up for a Graduate Student Community
Select a day and time to register for a GSC.
Once you select the day and time, you will be able to select the specific dates when you plan to attend (scroll to see all options). Please register with your OSU email address.
You will be sent a confirmation email with the link to join the weekly meeting on CarmenZoom. You can also add these meetings to your calendar.
Meetings will run through the end of November 2020. You are not obligated to attend the meetings every week, but you will be welcome to join any meeting that you sign up for.
Sign up for Spring 2021 groups will begin in December.
Questions? Email email@example.com