Need help NOW? Find the tips you're looking for in our selection of online resources.
Study Smarts: Online Lecture SERIES.
Learning: A Cognitive Approach
Procrastination...and How to Avoid It
- Episode 1: Introduction [11:48]
- Episode 2: Know the Brain [12:40]
- Episode 3: Identifying Biases [16:47]
- Episode 4: Some Solutions [10:36]
- Episode 4 pt 2: More Solutions [10:12]
Procrastination and Goal Setting
- Identifying the Procrastinator in You [5:28] audio only
- You Have a Gold Mine When You Have a Goal Mind [5:45] audio only
- The Self-Confident Way to Be [5:07] audio only
Is there a topic you'd like to see covered? Connect with us on facebook and let us know!
- Preferred Learning Style
Take this short test to learn what your preferred learning style is.
- School Strategies Scale
Find out how you're doing with respect to time management, self-confidence, responsibility, classroom strategies, information processing, test preparation, writing, and life management, and the skills you need to develop to be successful in college.
- That's Me, That's Not Me
Not sure whether you're a procrastinator? Take this short test and find out!
Related Services at the Dennis Learning Center
- Courses on College Success
- Workshops for the OSU Community
- Appointments with Learning Specialists
- Tutoring in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
Related Services in the Younkin Success Center
In addition to the Dennis Learning Center, the Younkin Success Center (YSC) also houses:
- Counseling and Consultation Service (CCS)
- Career Connection
- Student-Athlete Support Services Office (SASSO)
- University Center for the Advancement of Teaching (UCAT)
The Younkin Success Center also contains a campus computing lab, resource library, study space, and classrooms.
Related Services Around Campus
Follow the links below to find out about other resources available to you as an OSU student.
- For Honors Students...
- Honors and Scholars Center
- For Student Life...
- Off-Campus Student Services
- Residence Life
- For Students with Disabilities...
- Office for Disability Services
- For Tutoring...
- Index of Tutoring Services
- Math-Stat Learning Center
- Math-Stat Learning Center Study Review
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion (Tutoring Services)
- For Writing...
- The Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing
- For the Semester Shift...
- - The Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing
- For the Semester Shift...
- MySwitch: Your Personal Guide to the Semester Shift
- http://www.hecanhelp.com - Free video tutorials for introductory math and physics
- https://www.khanacademy.org - Library of free online videos on a variety of subjects
- http://oedb.org/library/features/the-memory-toolbox - 75 memory tips by Daniel Strauss
- http://www.onlinecourses.com - Collection of free, open college courses